Every summer vacation, local and international tourists take pleasure in the songs and dances that can be heard near the beautiful white sand beaches of Paraty and you can also hear it when you stay in Pousadas Em Paraty which is perfect accommodation for family or friends. Artists and writers from other places of the world have fallen in love with the cultures and traditions in Paraty including the fashion, tastes and its natural beauty. As a result, Paraty became multi-ethnic atmosphere that captivate the hearts of the travelers who come here again and again.
Paraty has a lot of beautiful beaches with interesting spots to visit and you have a lot of options to choose among any of them:
- Capela de Nossa Senhora Das Dores – it is a small white church that stands in front of beautiful beach. Behind the church have an attention-grabbing cemetery and the church only opens once in a while.
- Casa da Cultura – it is a museum that records the great introduction of the historical pasts of Paraty and it uses both languages, Portuguese and English words. Inside the museum you can find the exhibits that feature the statements of the local citizens that lived from the past times of Paraty.
- The Casa de Artista e Centro de Artes e Tradições Populares de Paraty – it is a museum and gallery of fishing and baskets exhibits. You can buy handicrafts souvenirs here that are made by the local citizens of Paraty.
- Forte Defensor Perpetuo – it is a fort that is situated on the Morro da Vila Velha which is a walking distance going north in around 20 minutes arrival and it also gives a scenic view of the bay. If you want to know more the history of this place, you should go to the arts center near to the Fort.
- Igreja Nossa Senhora Do Rosario – it is also another church that was built by slaves during 1725 with wood carving designs. Underground of this church hides an old burial ground and this was once a Paraty’s black parish church a long time ago.
- Matriz Nossa Senhora Dos Remedios – a church made of stone that faces the abundant place of Praca de Matriz.
To know more of the history of these places mentioned above, you should try to visit and stay in Pousadas Em Paraty where the staffs are friendly and able to assist you by giving information of the city of Paraty, advices and offer you the best accommodation services that you should not forget while staying in Paraty.